Options

Trip to Fatima

We are on the Pardors trip May 3. We are spending an extra night in Lisbon on May 16 and are planning an excursion to Fatima on the 17th. Anyone interested in joining us and sharing the expense?

Comments

• Options
    When I did this trip we stopped at Fatima.
  • Options
    RayFFoster wrote:
    We are on the Pardors trip May 3. We are spending an extra night in Lisbon on May 16 and are planning an excursion to Fatima on the 17th. Anyone interested in joining us and sharing the expense?

Tauck no longer goes to Fatima so we did it ourselves.

We booked through Viator, and the tour company was Magnificat Tours. http://www.magnificat-tours.pt/tours en.htm We were picked up at our hotel by a young woman. I think her father owns the business. We were the only two on the tour (much to our surprise). She asked us our reason for going to Fatima and what we expected to get out of it so she would know how to best plan our day. (She was surprised that we were not Catholic and wanted to go.) I very highly recommend this tour.

If you get to Barcelona early, look into a tour with Context Tours. We did a 2-1/2--3 hour walking architectural tour which was amazing. I believe our guide was an art professor. We learned so much and would highly recommend this tour also. We met our guide at spot he picked. We knew that it would be a small group, but imagine our delight to find out there were just the 2 of us.

We also booked a Viator tour for La Sagrada Familia, because we knew that with Tauck we would probably not have as much time as we wanted there. This was a pretty good tour, although our group was big. My husband wanted to go up the tower which is not something you will have enough time for with Tauck.

This is an excellent tour, and you will enjoy it very much!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file